"Our game was driven by Parker French from the defensive side, and then some good defense behind him. We made one mistake with a passed ball that led to a run. Besides that, we played real well defensively. Zane made a good catch look easy in center field that would have been runs had he not caught it. Then on the offensive side, it was about two-out hitting and two-strike hitting. Their pitching is very good, as you noticed. This is why all of us are complaining about the RPI system. I think you see teams that can win, both of those teams can win at a pretty high level. So with the offense we got some timely hitting. Joe's falling was really legitimate. You don't like to have to say that, but there were two puddles, one in front and one behind each other and he stepped right in the middle of the biggest one, and that's where he went down. So, that was not just being anxious or clumsy, there was some water in there that added to it. And then the really good throw from the left fielder to hit Casey at home plate was another fine defensive play that kept them from scoring. A lot of it was about the pitching. Zane's performance today offensively and defensively added a lot to the victory." - Texas Head Coach Augie Garrido
"I just like to say congratulations to Texas and their staff. They did a great job. Parker French did a great job of pitching. (Michael) Cantu did a great job of handling. The kids played well, good defense and the difference in the game was hitting with men in scoring position. They got a couple knocks there and we didn't." - Texas Tech Head Coach Tim Tadlock
"I had to tailor a little bit because they have seen me before. They were a little bit more aggressive this time with the fastball early in the count so we had to throw more breaking balls, more sliders. I think later in the game once they had seen our adjusted play we could go back to the soft away, hard in, and finish them early off. Early in the game I had to really go soft because they were looking to ambush a fastball early in the count, so that was a little adjustment there." - Texas Pitcher Parker French
"French is a good pitcher and his ball sinks a lot. He had good command out there, and we just didn't get any good swings on those pitches. That makes it tough to beat him." - Texas Tech Outfielder Stephen Smith
* The Texas Longhorns improved to 31-26 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* TheTexas Tech Red Raiders fell to 15-29 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* Number 5 seeds are now 23-34 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* Number 4 seeds are now 35-27 all-time in the Big 12 Championship.
* This was the second year in a row that the Longhorns and Red Raiders met at the No. 4 and No. 5 seeds.
* UT's Zane Gurwitz recorded his 6th double, 26th RBI, and 9th multi-hit game of the season.
* Texas turned a double-play in the fourth inning which was their 50th of the season.
* UT's Parker French threw the first complete game of his career and had a 20 inning scoreless streak snapped in the seventh when the Red Raiders plated their only run of the game.
* TTU's Cory Raley now has a 15-game hitting streak.
* TTU pitcher Cameron Smith recorded a career-high 8 strikeouts.
* TTU's Bryant Burleson recorded his seventh multi-hit game of the season but also committed his team-high 9th error.
* This was the first time this season that the Red Raiders have lost when allowing 2 runs or less. Their record in those games is now 14-1.