Oklahoma snapped what seemed to be a Tuesday night curse with a 9-4 win over Alcorn State. The game marked the return of pitcher Corey Copping and was paced offensively by Taylor Alspaugh and Kolbey Carpenter. Afterwards we were able to catch up with all three of them along with Coach Hughes.
Use the media player to listen to the post game interviews
* Tuesday marked the first start for Corey Copping since March 15. He retired the first 11 batters he faced.
* Kolbey Carpenter's three-hit performance was his fourth consecutive multi-hit game.
* Taylor Alspaugh drove in four RBI which matched a career high.
* Alspaugh has now reached base in 18 consecutive games.
* Ralph Garza made a relief appearance which was his 20th of the season but this was his first save on the year.
The Sooners and Braves are scheduled to play again on Wednesday evening.