It doesn't get much more dramatic than Oklahoma's 75-73 win over Kansas on Saturday. Buddy Hield's tip in with less than a second remaining was the icing on the cake in a game that kept fans of both schools on edge throughout.
With the win, Oklahoma will finish tied with Iowa State for second place in the Big 12 and take the #3 seed in this week's conference tournament. Here are a few things that you may, or may not have, noticed during the game.
* The win was Oklahoma's seventh against an AP Top 25 opponent this season which is a school record.
* The Sooners second place finish in the Big 12 marks the fourth consecutive season that they've finished higher than their preseason projection. OU was picked to finish third in the conference this season.
* Both teams finished with 44 rebounds. Kansas won the battle on the boards in the first half 31-19 and Oklahoma took the second half by a margin of 25-13.
* Oklahoma's win over the Jayhawks was just their second in the last fifteen meetings.
* The Sooners had an 18-10 edge in scoring off turnovers.
* Buddy Hield finished the season scoring an average of 18.5 points per game in conference play. That's the highest average in the Big 12.