Epic! That's the word that I would use to best describe Oklahoma's meltdown against Iowa State in Ames on Monday night. The Sooners had their best chance in years at a share of the Big 12 crown right in their hands and they literallylet it slip away. While you have to give the Cyclones their due credit for mounting the comeback, you also have to believe that this is a team that's going to be asking, what if, for a long time.
* After Oklahoma led 48-28 with 14:55 left, Iowa State closed out the game by outscoring the Sooners 49-22.
* Iowa State's 18 points in the first half were the fewest they've scored in a half all year.
* The Cyclones 59 points in the second half were the most they've scored in a half and the most OU has given up in a half all year.
* OU outscored ISU 12-2 off turnovers in the first half.
* ISU outscored OU 19-4 off turnovers in the second half.
* After combining for five first half points, Iowa State's Georges Niang and Monte Morris outscored the Sooners 36-33 in the second half.
* Buddy Hield scored 26 points to move into 21st place on Oklahoma's all-time scoring list.
* Jordan Woodard played 32 minutes without committing a turnover.
* Frank Booker accounted for all seven of Oklahoma's bench points. He was 0/5 from the floor but 7/8 from the free throw line.