Oklahoma's dance through the post season ended in Syracuse, New York on Friday night at the hands of the Michigan State Spartans. We'll have more coming a bit later on in regards to the progress this program is making under head coach Lon Kruger but for now the sting of defeat needs to work its way from our systems. Here are some things that you may, or may not have, noticed during the game.
* Oklahoma led for more than 30 minutes of the ball game. Michigan State took its first lead at the 9:26 mark of the second half.
* The loss drops the Sooners to a 5-5 record all-time in the Sweet 16.
* OU shot 41% from the floor in the first half but just 30% in the second.
* With a final record of 24-11, Oklahoma had its best season since 2008-09.
* Buddy Hield now has 1,366 career points which ranks him 15th on OU's all-time scoring list.
* Hield made 93 three-point baskets this season with is the 4th most in a single season in program history.
* Ryan Spangler grabbed 9 rebounds which marked the 23rd time this season that he's led the team on the boards.
* Michigan State entered the game with an average rebounding advantage of +6 over their opponents. Oklahoma beat them on the boards by a margin of 38-36.
* The two teams combined for just 12 turnovers and the Sooners had a 4-3 advantage in points scored off turnovers.
* OU held their opponents to just a .386 field goal percentage on the season. It is the lowest average for an Oklahoma team since the 1959-60 season.