Survive and advance! That's all you gotta do in the NCAA Tournament but it certainly isn't as easy as it sounds. Lon Kruger and the Oklahoma Sooners certainly are getting the hang of it though as they've survived the opening two rounds of the tournament and are moving on to the Sweet 16 next weekend.
Here are a few things that you may, or may not have, noticed in Oklahoma's 72-66 win over Dayton on Sunday night.
* The Sooners closed out the last 12:57 of the game on a 32-17 run against Dayton.
* Oklahoma's win puts the Sooners in the Sweet 16 for the 10th time in program history.
* OU out-rebounded Dayton by a margin of 35-23. It was the fewest number of rebounds by an Oklahoma opponent this season.
* Sophomore point guard Jordan Woodard attempted 10 free throws and they all came during the final three minutes of the game. He connected on nine of the ten attempts.
* Woodard led the team in points (16) and Buddy Hield led the team in assists (5). You'd think that those stats would be backwards.
* Frank Booker went 4-for-6 from three-point range to score in double figures for just the fifth time this season.
* Lon Kruger has now taken four teams (Kansas State, Florida, UNLV and Oklahoma) to the Sweet 16 and is the only currently active coach to do so.