Thursday night was a big night for Lon Kruger and the Oklahoma Sooners. In his fourth season on the sidelines for OU, Kruger picked up his first postseason win for the crimson and cream which is a sure sign of the progress the program is making under his direction. Here are a few things that you may, or may not have, noticed during the game.
* Oklahoma closed out the final 17:28 of the game with a 41-17 scoring advantage over O-State.
* Lon Kruger is now 7-2 against the Cowboys and this was his fifth consecutive win against the in-state rival.
* Friday's win marked the first time since the 1984-85 season that Oklahoma has recorded a three-game sweep against the Cowboys.
* The 21 points Oklahoma scored in the first half was the fewest they've scored in the opening twenty minutes this season.
* Sixteen of Buddy Hield's twenty-two points came in the second half.
* Nine made free throws for Buddy were a career-high in a single game.
* TaShawn Thomas recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 17 points and 10 boards.
* Ryan Spangler grabbed 15 rebounds which is the most by any Oklahoma basketball player this season.
* OU out rebounded OSU 22-12 in the second half.
* The Sooners outscored the Cowboys 12-8 off turnovers, marking the 24th time this season that they've had an advantage over an opponent in that category.
* Oklahoma is 5-3 all-time in the semifinals of the Big 12 Tournament.