The Oklahoma Sooners captured sole possession of second place in the Big 12 Conference with a convincing win over #14 Iowa State on Monday night. With just six games remaining in the regular season, the 17th ranked Sooners seem to be hitting the stride the need to push them into the post season. Here are a few things that may have gone unnoticed in Oklahoma's 94-83 win over the Cyclones.
* For the second game in a row the Sooners rebounded from a large first half deficit to produce a comfortable win.
* From the 3:55 mark of the first half to the 17:07 mark of the second half, Oklahoma out scored Iowa State by a margin of 20-4.
* The Sooners are now 6-5 against ranked opponents this season and have played more Top 25 teams than any other program in the nation.
* Five Sooners (TaShawn Thomas, Isaiah Cousins, Buddy Hield, Ryan Spangler, and Frank Booker) scored in double figures.
* TaShawn Thomas had a game-high 22 points and also grabbed 11 boards for his third double-double of the year.
* Ryan Spangler (14 points/12 rebounds) recorded his second consecutive double-double and seventh of the season.
* Isaiah Cousins' 19 points were the most he's scored since equaling that mark against Baylor on January 3rd.
* Buddy Hield's 17 points moved him past Brent Price and into 28th place on OU's all-time scoring list (1,178 points).
* Frank Booker's 14 points off the bench were a season-high and just one point shy of tying his career-high.
* The Sooners outscored Iowa State by a margin of 16-9 off turnovers.
* Oklahoma's seven turnovers were the fewest they've committed in conference play.
* OU's 77 shots from the floor were a season high.
* The Sooners are now 63-22 against Iowa State in Norman.