"We had really good movement. Villanova is a really good club. We made more shots than they did, but they're going to have a terrifi c year. It was a great weekend for our guys to come here and we have even a greater appreciation for what our service people have done and how they've sacrifi ced. Our guys will leave with a much higher level (of appreciation) and carry that with them for the rest of our lives. The ballgame was really good, but all the stuff around it was much better." - Lon Kruger on the Weekend in Pearl Harbor
"Isaiah was terrifi c. I thought he took the game over in the second half. He's good off the dribble and was making shots. In that second half he just made so many good plays for other players. He was able to knock down the jumper, but when they stepped at him he was able to drive it and kick and made good wide open jumpers for other people. It was terrific." - Lon Kruger on Isaiah Cousins
"My teammates found me in good spots. We came out ready. Coach prepared us this week. We had three days of practice, and we knew they were a great team and we had to come out here and execute. I had wrist formality and I had to fi nd a way to make shots, and I missed four in a row. I was glad to get a win against a great team, and we just have to keep our focus and build off this win and prepare for the next one." - Buddy Hield on his team's approach to the game
"That's what we do. Coach Kruger preaches to move the basketball and we can't be selfi sh. That's how we make plays for each other and make shots is to be an unselfi sh team. Everybody is going to be able to get shots up. Isaiah (Cousins) did a great job protecting the ball. He was great out there. They preach that to us every day in practice and it paid off today for us." - Budy Hield on ball movement
• Oklahoma has tied up the all-time series 2-2 with Villanova.
• The Sooners held the Wildcats to .317 shooting (20-63) on the night, including .125 (4-32) from long distance.
• Oklahoma shot .467 (28-60) on the day, including .538 (14-26) from 3-point range. The Sooners entered the game ranked fourth in the country in 3-point fi eld goal percentage (.446).
• The Sooners' 78 points were the most by a Villanova opponent this season. Nova's 55 points marked a season low.
• OU outrebounded Villanova by a 41-33 margin.
• Isaiah Cousins led all scorers with 19 points (7-14 FG, 4-4 3FG) and added a game-high 10 assists. It marked his second consecutive double-double this season and the fourth of his career.
• Ryan Spangler recorded his fourth double-double of the season and the 21st of his career with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
• Buddy Hield recorded 18 points (6-17 FG, 4-9 3FG) while adding four rebounds and one steal. He has scored in double figures in all six games this season.
• Hield passed Tim Heskett for most 3-pointers made in school history (219).
• Dinjiyl Walker (11) and Jordan Woodard (10) also scored in double figures.