"It was a good early season ball game. Wisconsin's a terrific program. I thought our guys opened the game very aggressively, made some shots and created a margin early which we played with throughout the game. We were pretty solid defensively. Hayes and Koenig are tough matchups and the guys got a pretty good rhythm of what they were doing. They helped each other defensively and made a lot of good plays for each other. Now we're eager to get better." - Lon Kruger on the game in general
"It's huge anytime you can have different weapons on the floor. Ryan's worked hard on that part of his game and that's just going to complement and set up everything else that he does. He had a terrific game, got off to a good start and rebounded the ball like crazy. He battled from start to finish, no surprise there." - Lon Kruger on Ryan Spangler's performance
"He's so aggressive attacking the ball and driving and kicking, and now he's making shots so that keeps us flowing and opens up the game for us." - Buddy Hield on Ryan Spangler
"I shot this morning and it felt pretty good. As a basketball player, you can feel when your shot is feeling good. Coach (Kruger) always tells me that if I'm open to knock down that first look to gain confidence for the rest of the game, and that's what I did today." - Ryan Spangler on his success early in the game
"Same team because they have 80 percent of their guys still here. They haven't changed much. We have changed a lot. It was an interesting venue for our guys to come into because they haven't been in that situation. We knew that it would be a challenge. We got beat up a little bit and tried to run from it." - Wisconsin Head Coach Bo Ryan on playing OU last year and again this year.
• With Sunday's win Oklahoma evened up their all-time series with Wisconsin at 4-4.
• The Sooners registered a season-low five turnovers against the Badgers after commiting double-digit miscues in each of their first three contests of the season.
• Three Sooners scored in double figures (Ryan Spangler 20, Isaiah Cousins 14, Buddy Hield 12) for the fourth time this season.
• Oklahoma outscored Wisconsin 34 to 10 in the paint. It marked the second time this season the Sooners have registered at least a 24-point edge on the inside (25 points vs. Incarnate Word on 11/24).
• Ryan Spangler recorded a season-high 20 points (7-9 FG, 2-3 3FG, 4-4 FT) and a game-high 14 rebounds to earn his 20th career double-double.
• Isaiah Cousins finished with 14 points on 6 of 14 shooting, including 2 of 4 from three-point range. On the season, the senior is averaging 12.5 points, 3.3 assists and 2.5 rebounds in 28.0 minutes.
• Buddy Hield registered 12 points (5 of 16 FG) and five rebounds on the afternoon. On the season, he is averaging 22.0 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest.
• Jordan Woodard led with a game-high five assists. He's averaging a career-high 4.3 per game this season, while adding 9.5 points and 5.3 rebounds.
• With eight rebounds today, Khadeem Lattin has now pulled down five-or-more rebounds in three consecutive contests for the Sooners.