In all the conversations about TCU, Bedlam, CFP rankings, and Heisman hopings, we kinda failed to mention that OU's football schedule for next year was formally announced on Tuesday. And wow, it's a hum-dinger of a slate.
|Sept. 3||at Houston||Houston (NRG Stadium)|
|Sept. 17||Ohio State||Norman|
|Oct. 1||at TCU||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Oct. 8||Texas||Dallas (Cotton Bowl)|
|Oct. 15||Kansas State||Norman|
|Oct. 22||at Texas Tech||Lubbock, Texas|
|Nov. 3||at Iowa State||Ames, Iowa|
|Nov. 19||at West Virginia||Morgantown, W. Va.|
|Dec. 3||Oklahoma State||Norman|
- As of the moment of this writing, #21 Houston leads against #15 Navy 14-7. OU kicks off 2016 in Houston and NRG Stadium, home of the Houston Texans. FUN FACT: Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon and his daughter Abi may or may not be at the game, but it'd be cool to watch that family drama over their almae matres. (And "almae matres" is the correct Latin plural.)
- The UL-Monroe Warhawks are, indeed, pretty bad. But they will collect their big paycheck to be the sacrificial lambs to the newly-renovated South endzone of Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. FUN FACT: the ULM marching band is called "Sound Of Today." They would probably lose big to the Sooners, too.
- Ohio State (known to some as "tOSU") comes to Norman. I think ESPN has already built the graphic comparing Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops. FUN FACT: OU and tOSU (rhymes with "tofu") are 1-1, each with a win on the other's home field.
- Week four bye week before conference play begins in Ft. Worth.
- Week thirteen bye week before last game against Oklahoma State in Norman.