The Sooners nearly pulled off an improbable win on Monday when they turned a twenty-point first half deficit into a four-point second half lead. Alas, it wasn't meant to be as the Jayhawks closed out the game on a 20-9 run to squelch out any like that OU had left. Here are a few things that you may not have noticed about the game.
* The 85-78 win was the 18th consecutive home win for the Jayhawks.
* After connecting on their first 8 three-point attempts and going 9-13 in the first half, Kansas was limited to just 1-6 from long range in the second half.
* Buddy Hield scored a game-high 26 points to become Oklahoma's leading scorer for the fifth consecutive game.
* Ryan Spangler recorded his second double-double in a row with 13 points and 10 boards.
* Sophomore point guard Jordan Woodard committed just one turnover in 38 minutes of playing time.
* The Jayhawks became only the third team this season to score more points against the Sooners than their season average.