As much as some fans hate to admit, these polls will likely indirectly influence the selection committee of the newly installed College Football Playoff system. Now that the disclaimer has been thrown out there, let's get to the rankings.
|1||Florida State (38)||Florida State (51)|
|2||Oregon (16)||Alabama (1)|
|3||Alabama (1)||Oklahoma (3)|
|4||Oklahoma (2)||Oregon (6)|
|6||Georgia (1)||Georgia (1)|
|7||Texas A&M (2)||Baylor|
|11||Notre Dame||Notre Dame|
|13||Michigan State||Michigan State|
|14||Ole Miss||Arizona State|
|19||Kansas State||Virginia Tech|
At A Glance
- Oregon's win in the first match-up between top 10 opponents gives them an edge in voters minds. The result is a jump over the Alabama Crimson Tide as well as gaining a handful of first place votes. I think it is safe to say this is the best team in the PAC-12 hands down.
- The Texas A&M Aggies continue to look the part as their stock soared with a 70 point win over Lamar. Can this program become a traditional power mentioned in the same breath as Alabama, LSU, and Georgia? If the spread continues to terrorize these "vaunted" SEC defenses, I'd have to say yes.
- The Virginia Tech Hokies took the nation by storm after dominating a highly touted Ohio St. Buckeyes squad. The impressive win moves them inside the top 20. Needless to say, the Big 10 is not looking good at this point of the season.
- In recent years, the top of the PAC-12 has struggled with an attack like the Stanford Cardinal brings. Unfortunately, that no longer seems to be the case as USC squeaked out a 3 point win on the road. Fans should be excited that this program seems to be headed in the right direction after a fall from grace.
- BYU deserves to be in the discussion even with the coaches after Taysom Hill ignited the Cougar offense to nearly single-handedly defeat the Texas Longhorns. Is he the best player in college football? Fact remains Hill made all the right decisions on Saturday but needs to remain consistent. Maybe, just maybe, the Big 12 will consider adding them to the conference!