I figured as the Bulldogs head to Norman as the 2014 season begins, it would be good to give an update on where the Sooners stand with the class of 2015 and what recruits appear to be future Sooners. We will also have a weekly update with official visitors, breaking down the Sooner chances with each player and of course updates when the Sooners receive verbal commitments. With that being said, it's time to give an overview of the state of the class of 2015 as well as predictions for who could round out this class.
Currently the Sooners have 11 commitments. They are:
4 Star Rodney Anderson 6'0 200lbs. RB from Katy, TX.
4 Star Bobby Evans 6'5" 270lbs.OT from Allen, TX
4 Star Cody Ford 6'4" 322lbs. OT/OG from Pineville, LA
3 Star Dominque Hearne 6'3" 290lbs OC/OG from Lancaster, TX
3 Star Dru Samia 6'5" 280lbs. OT from Danville, CA
4 Star Marquise Overton 6'1" 300lbs DT from Jenks, OK
2 Star Kenneth Mann 6'4" 250lbs. DE from Burleson, TX
2 Star Tyrell Jacobs 6'4" 260lbs. DE from Metarie, LA
4 Star PJ Mbanasor 6'1: 180lbs. CB from Pflugerville, TX
3 Star John Humphrey 6'0" 160lbs WR from League City, TX
3 Star Kicker Austin Seibert
The Sooners have approximately 12-13 scholarships left for this class. I don't believe that the Sooners will take a QB in this class. So what follows are the recruits that I believe will find themselves being a part of the class of 2015.
1. 4 Star Safety Will Sunderland 6'2" 185lbs. from Midwest City, OK. Sunderland is down to the Sooners and tOSU. Most consider the Sooners to be a heavy favorite.
2. 4 Star Jalin Barnett 6'4" 310lbs OT/OG from Lawton, OK. Barnett is down to the Sooners and Razorbacs. Most consider the Sooners once again to be the heavy favorite.
3. 4 Star JUCO Jamal Danley 6'5" 305lbs. from Scooba, MS. Danley will be visiting the Sooners on the week they host Tennessee. While down to OU and Miss St. most feel that the Sooners will be hard to beat.
4. 3 Star JUCO Martinas Rankin 6'4" 295lbs. OG from Perkinston, MS. Not a bunch is known about Rankins, other than his visit to the Sooners when they play Tennessee.
5. 3 Star Safety Kahlil Haughton 6"1 180lbs. from Waco, TX. Haughton is down to OU, Baylor, and TTech.
6. 3 Star Athlete Deandre McNeal 6'3" 230 lbs. from Mesquite, TX. Many say he could even be 6'4". The Sooners like him at either HB or TE. He has offers from the likes of Bama, Texas, Baylor, and tOSU to go along with his Sooner offer.
7. 4 Star Darrion Daniels 6'4" 280lbs DE from Dallas, TX. Daniels has offers from the likes of LSU, Texas, Mizzou, and Baylor to go along with his Sooner offer.
8. 4 Star LB Anthony Wheeler 6'2" 220lbs from Dallas, TX. The Sooners appear to be in the lead, but Texas is hanging around.
9. 3 Star LB Bo Wallace 6'4 200lbs. from River Ridge, LA. Bo seems to be down to Notre Dame and the Sooners.
10. 5 Star Keisan Lucier-Smith 6'4" 210lbs from Orange, CA. The Sooners are quietly setting in good shape for Smith who will visit when Tennessee comes to town. I'm not quite as confident on him as I am the others, but the Sooners have a lot to offer as he fits perfectly into the OLB position in the 3-4.
11. 4 Star CB YKili Ross 6'1" 185lbs. from Riverside, CA. Ross has offers from programs such as USC, UCLA, Oregon, A&M, and Notre Dame to go along with his Sooner offer
12. Another LB. The Sooners have offers and appear to be in decent shape for Ricky Deberry, John Houston, and Cassius Peat. It wouldn't shock me to see any of the 3 as a part of the class of 2015, but the Sooners still have some work to do for each player.
13. 4 Star OG Josh Wariboko 6'3" 310lbs from Oklahoma City, OK. In spite of his decommitment from the Sooners, Wariboko recently attended a summer practice. He admittedly grew up a Sooner fan and lives in a crimson and cream house. I think in the end he follows his heart and recommits to the Sooners.
This class would be an amazing foundation for the Sooners. 8 OL, 4 DL, 2 Safeties, 2 Corner, 4 LBs, 1 WR, 1 TE/ATH and 1 Kicker.
Check back often as the Sooners are set to make some noise on the recruiting trail throughout the 2014 season!!