This was a tale of two halves. Crimson and Cream Machine will have much more in the way of postgame coverage, but this is the place for you to express your thoughts on how the Sooners ran their way to a victory against the Red Raiders.
Here are several of my quick snap thoughts at the conclusion of the game.
1. Perine is AWESOME. He also showed some pretty decent speed on the long TD run.
2. Heupel must learn to get stop getting in the way of this team. At one point in the 1st half the Sooners had 10 passes and 7 runs, which is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE
3. The secondary had a rough day, but Jordan Thomas and Steven Parker looks like they will end up being a players.
4. Cody Thomas looks like a much better and more aware than Trevor Knight running zone read.
5. Aaron Ripowski had a great day catching passes and scoring on a fullback dive.
6. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of injuries. Not sure about Grissom and Shepard
7. The secondary is still a mess and the highlight of that was the Jordan and Ahmad Thomas collision resulting in a TTECH passing TD
8. Sometimes coaches make games way to difficult. It's amazing that when OU committed to running the ball, that TECH wilted.
9. Cody Thomas was pretty blah throwing the ball, but with him the zone read was special.
10. One of the best parts of the game was that the game wasn't at 11:00am. It would have been 5 consecutive games.
11. I would pee my pants if I had to try and square up and tackle Perine.
12. Eric Striker comes up with a huge sack when the defense needed it the most.
13. There is no reason to think the Sooners can't just run over everyone else on their schedule. The question is whether or not Heupel will let them.
14. As crazy as it sounds, I don't rush Knight back.
15. Michiah Quick is slowly becoming a go to player on offense
16. When the Sooners committed to the ground game, they scored 35 points in the second half.
17. The Sooners must recruit better at LB and DB. It is showing.
18. 7-3 looks much better than 6-4.