With a handful of scholarships left to distribute and National Signing Day around the corner, the Oklahoma Sooners coaching staff remains on the recruiting trail. It goes without saying one scholarship has been set aside for a top in-state target, 4-star safety Steven Parker. During his official visit, a hard sell was presented...heck, even a few of the current commits decided to get in on the courtship of this talented high school senior. While clearly impressed, Parker continues to remain relatively silent concerning his future decision.
However, conversations with Carson Meier, a tight end commit from Union HS, may have tipped Parker's hand.
My gut feeling is OU. He speaks more about OU than any other school. - Carson Meier via Scout.com
Wait a second! What relationship do Meier and Parker have seeing as they played on opposing teams in the OSSAA 6A State Championship? Simple. The two have friends dating back to their days of playing AAU Basketball. To go even further, Meier and Parker made several unofficial trips to Norman together.
The notion remains that Oklahoma is a clear front runner, but the Texas A&M Aggies still have a hand in the cookie jar. Head Coach Kevin Sumlin showed up on Parker's front door the day after the safety returned from his official visit to OU. Left on the tour, Parker scheduled official visits to Oklahoma St. (Jan. 24th) as well as Auburn (Jan. 31st) and fans should not expect a decision to be made until he returns.
- ESPN, Sports Trivia, & Bowing To Barry "The King" Switzer
- Oklahoma Sooners Recruiting | Two Incoming Freshmen Flying Under The Radar
- Oklahoma Football | Shutting Down The Rumor Mill On Blake Bell's Future
- Sooner Legacy Quarterback Kendal Thompson Announces Transfer From OU
- Oklahoma Sooners Recruiting | Method To The Madness: Wide Receivers
- Sooners Get First Commitment From Big Weekend: Jordan Thomas Flips/Verbals to OU