As expected, Bob Stoops confirmed during Monday's Big 12 conference call that Blake Bell will be the starting quarterback for this Saturday's game against Tulsa.
Stoops stated that Trevor Knight has a "bruised knee" and that he would "likely miss one week, maybe two weeks." Which would differ from the initial report of Carey Murdock of SoonerScoop.com that Knight suffered a strain of multiple ligaments. We'll have to wait and see just how this plays out as Stoops does not have the most stellar of track records when it comes to (1) disclosing injuries and (2) offering accurate and/or realistic timetables for return.
Stoops also confirmed what Matt Hofeld told you Sunday night if you were listening to the Sooner Nation podcast that Kendal Thompson will return to practice on Monday.
One other injury update from Stoops on left tackle Tyrus Thompson who went down with what looked like at the time a possible scary injury. Stoops said Thompson was expected to practice on Monday, though that seems a little optimistic.
Expect similar comments as though above at Stoops' weekly press conference Monday afternoon.
More from Crimson And Cream Machine:
- OU Football 2013 | Trevor Knight Dealing With Possible Knee Injury?
- OU Football 2013 | Sooners vs. WVU | Film Study
- Sooner Nation Podcast Recaps The West Virginia Game And Jumps Right In The Middle Of A Quarterback Controversy
- Sooner Defense Delivers Redeeming Performance Against Mountaineers
- OU Offense Strugg-A-Ling For A Second Consecutive Game Is Very Troubling Sign