During Bob Stoops' Monday afternoon press conference the Oklahoma head football coach updated everyone on the status of running back Damien Williams and wide receiver Lacoltan Bester who were both suspended for this past weekend's game against Kansas State.
According to Stoops, Williams has been "removed from the football team." While Bester served a one game suspension and will return to practice this week.
It's a disappointing end to Williams' OU career and one has to wonder how much this could potentially hurt his NFL draft stock.
With the play of Brennan Clay, the loss of Williams doesn't appear to be as significant as it might have once been, but it's still the loss of a very talented player.
However, you only get so many chances and after already serving a suspension earlier this season it appears as though Williams used up all of his.
More from Crimson And Cream Machine:
- Bob Stoops Weekly Press Conference (KSU/OSU)
- OU Football 2013 | Sooners vs. Kansas State | Film Study
- Sooner Nation Podcast | Recapping The Kansas State Win And Basketball's Trip To New York
- Sooners Run Wild In Manhattan | Offense Goes Back To Formula That Brought Early Season Success
- OU Defense Fortunate To Be More Boom Than Bust Against Kansas State