Back on track after the
The second half wasn’t anything of value as OU seemed almost embarrassed to score 55 points in a half and were afraid to tack on any more. Settling for just a field goal in the final 30 minutes of play it would mark the first time that I can remember complaints after a 58 point performance by the Sooners. Here are a few fun facts about the 2008 OU/Kansas State game that you might have forgotten.
• With the 58-35 win,
• With 134 and 104 yards respectively, running backs Chris Brown and DeMarco Murray both eclipsed the 100-yard mark in the same game for the second time on the season.
• Travis Lewis recorded 15 tackles and 2 interceptions against
• DeMarco Murray rushed for 104 yards (His fifth 100 yard performance) and scored a total of 4 touchdowns.
• Ryan Broyles returned a punt 68 yards for a touchdown. It was the first of his career and the first Sooner to score on a punt return since Reggie Smith did so against
• OU was six-for-six inside the Red Zone against
• OU had back-to-back TD drives of two plays each in the first quarter, covering 52 and 59 yards respectively. One quarter later, OU recorded a two-play scoring drive of 15 yards.
• Of its eight scoring first-half scoring drives,