The Colorado Buffaloes travel to play a non-conference game at Toledo
The start of the football season is the one time in which every team is on an even keel as far as records go. Obviously the goal is to keep the perfect record intact for as long as possible which leads to some interesting matchups. Feeding on teams from lesser conferences has long been a practice of the power conferences and the Big 12 is no exception to this. Some of the non-conference games scheduled in `09 for the Big 12 are bad and then some are just down right embarrassing. Here’s a look at the twelve most embarrassing non-conference games scheduled by Big 12 schools.
9. North Dakota @ Texas Tech, September 5th – The Fighting Sioux won six games last season but only beat
7. Northwestern State @ Baylor, September 26th – The Northwestern State Demons finished the 2008 football season with a 7-5 record including an embarrassing 51-6 loss in
5. Furman @ Missouri, September 19th – Furman played Virginia Tech within seventeen points last season, losing 24-7 in
4. Tennessee Tech @ Kansas State, September 26th – Tennessee Tech finished 2008 with a 3-9 record by losing seven games in a row by an average score of 39-17.
* My apologizes to the good people of