It's amazing how fast they grow up nowadays, right? That must be what Jeremy Tyler's mom is telling herself after her son decided to skip his senior year in high school and play ball in Europe.
Speaking of high school basketball players, Xavier Henry has decided to play for Kansas, meaning Kansas is loaded for next year. Henry was a highly sought recruit who was ranked #1 by ESPNU. It's all good because Willie Warren has proved he can handle Xavier; here's a video of Willie dunking on Henry:
Good stuff! The Sooners will be counting on Willie next season to deliver, as the Tulsa World points out, earning them the Captain Obvious Award of the day.
“I want to win a national championship or at least go to a Final Four. I won (a championship) in high school, and I just want to get one at every level if that’s possible.” --Willie Warren
In The News
- The Lloyd Noble Center was more packed this year, and at least one game made an impact on recruit T.J. Taylor.
- Rhett Bomar is likely to be drafted at some point this weekend. It will be interesting to see where the quarterback who left OU in disgrace will wind up.
- Baseball and softball have big series coming up. Softball is in Columbia, Missouri. Baseball is playing Baylor.
- An obligatory article from the Oklahoman about Sam Bradford and his decision to forego the NFL Draft.
- Another OU football player was arrested for failure to pay a ticket.
- Craig Brackins decided to return to Iowa State.
Secondhand Reports & Rumors
- Apparently Orlando Allen has been working very hard this offseason and has his weight way down. If he can keep working hard and improve his hands in the low block, he could see a significant increase in minutes.
- Jeff Capel was in Ames, Iowa watching an open workout for 5-star recruit Harrison Barnes, according to Rivals. John Calipari was there, as were assistants from UNC and USC.
- T.J. Taylor hinted that Cameron Clark might want to play with Taylor, and that they had discussed the process already. Taylor committed to OU, so things are looking good in that department. FYI, Cameron Clark is a talented 6'6" SG/SF who is expected to make a jump into their top 50 recruits for 2010 shortly.
And since it's quiet, we'll take a quick trip around SBNation, and I'll try to link to a few interesting articles: