As we are used to focusing 97.3% of our efforts here at the Machine on the Oklahoma Sooners we do want to take a look around the conference every now and then. Obviously every game that includes the Sooners is the game of the week to us but on a conference wide level that just isn’t true.
The game of the week in the Big 12 conference this week is the
Both the Tigers and the Illini have aspirations of winning conference championships this year and
North Texas at
Ranking the Conference Games
12. UT-Chattanooga at
10. Eastern Washington at
09. Western Michigan at
03. North Texas at
Twelve Things to Watch For in the Big 12 This Week
12. New Coaches –
11. Baylor Quarterbacks – Kirby Freeman is a transfer from Miami (FL) and Robert Griffin was the #3 ranked dual threat quarterback in the country.
10. Darrell Scott – Scott won’t start for
8. O-State Play Calling – After losing last year’s offensive coordinator Head Coach Mike Gundy will take over calling plays this year.
7. Home Field Advantage – Only one conference team has a true road game this week.
6. Big Time Quarterback Match-up –
4. Michael Crabtree – Could break the 200 yard barrier in receptions.
3. Demarco Murray – Could break the 200 yard barrier in rushing.
2. Insane Numbers – Both