The Big 12 Roundtable is back this week and is being hosted at the Texas Longhorns blog Gabriel's Horn . As usual you'll want to click the link and head over there to read what other Big 12 bloggers are saying. Here are my responses.
1. With only two or three games left, how are you feeling about your season? Disappointed, elated, surprised, a little violated?
Any Sooner fan who isn't elated at this point of the season isn't in touch with reality. Sure we lost to Colorado but think way back to the beginning of the season we all believed that this young squad would finish somewhere between 9-3 and 10-2 with an outside shot at reaching the Big 12 championship game.
11-1 is a very real possibility and barring a Texas like late season collapse the Sooners are on their way to San Antonio for their sixth conference championship appearance in eight seasons. Why would I be anything but elated?
2. I have to ask, how do you feel about the (possible) buyout of Fran at Texas A&M?
I've got mixed emotions over it. While I respect the Aggies for making the move now instead of dragging it out until the end of the season I also hate to see Fran go because as long as he is there the Aggies have no chance of competing for a conference championship.
3. We've picked coaches, players, stadiums and everything else from other teams. Now, we get down to something even more near and dear: mascots. If you could pick another Big 12 mascot other than your own - who would it be and why?
I'll take take the Texas Tech Red Raider! He gets to dress up like Zoro, ride a horse, and shoot a gun during the game. It doesn't get any cooler than that!
4. Unexpected Greatness, Unexpected Suckage. Who surprised you this year? Who did you get really excited about, only to be let down? (The first Roundtable asked who was the face of the franchise - do you still feel that way?)
There hasn't been a bigger surprise at OU this season than the quality of play that Sam Bradford is giving the Sooners. He has now become the "face of the franchise" at OU rising from obsqurity to national recognition.
I really thought that Reggie Smith would have the greatest season in the return game since Antonio Perkins lined up deep for the Sooners.
5. I told you there would be booze. Characterize your team by the beverage of your choice.
Well, my beverage of choice is an ice cold Dr. Pepper. Sorry I don't drink booze but D.P. has 23 flavors and the Sooner have 25 conference championships. That's close enough for me!
Lightning Round - worth double the points (which will still work out to zero...), and twice the fun!
- Love `em.
Sam Bradford, DeMarco Murray, Malcolm Kelly, Curtis Lofton, Gerald McCoy
- Diss `em.
Texas - You know deep inside you have that fear that we are about to rip off another five in a row on you guys.
OSU - Mike Gundy may be 40 but his team had a convicted felon playing for them and just in case you haven't heard it enough gave up a 35-14 fourth quarter lead to Texas.
- Pick `em.
Colorado @ Iowa state - CU
Texas A&M @ Mizzou - Mizzou
KState @ Nebraska - KState
TCEH @ Texas - Texas
Baylor @ Oklahoma - OU
Kansas @ Okay State - Kansas
- Rank `em.
- Kansas State
- Texas Tech
- Iowa State