Now that the basketball week and Thanksgiving are over we can focus 100% of our attention on the Bedlam Game by beginning with a quick scouting report on the Halloween Orange wearing Cowboys.
OSU By the Numbers
The Cowboys haven't struggled moving the ball on offense this season. They rank 7th nationally in rushing offense (216.1 ypg), 7th in scoring (36.3 ppg), 64th in passing offense (197.1 ypg) and 14th in total offense (413.2 ypg).
Stopping their opponents from moving the ball is where the Cowboys have struggled this season. Their defense has been just north of atrocious this season. They rank 72nd against the run (141.9 ypg), 101st against the pass (234.6 ypg), 80th in scoring defense (25 ppg) and 92nd in total defense (376.5 ypg).
Players to Watch on Offense
* No. 84 - WR D'Juan Woods - 526 receiving yards, 4 touchdowns.
* No 29 - RB Mike Hamilton - 564 rushing yards, 5.6 ypc, 4 touchdowns.
* No. 14 - QB Bobby Reid - 1972 yards, 22 touchdowns.
* No. 12 - WR Adarius Bowman - 1051 receiving yards, 11 touchdowns.
Players to Watch on Defense
* No. 93 - DT Ryan McBean - 21 tackles, 3.5 sacks.
* No. 2 - LB Rodrick Johnson, Jr. - 54 tackles on the season, 2 sacks.
* No. 8 - SS Donovan Woods, Jr. - 53 tackles, 2 forced fumbles.
The Sooners have struggled in Stillwater recently but let's not build the Cowboys up to be something they are not. They are a 6-5 team that has struggled against top tier competition like Oklahoma. While they are explosive on offense they also have an amazing ability to go through some scoring droughts that have cost them some games this season.
Bobby Reid is the catalysis that makes their offense work but this will be his first Bedlam Game. We all know that this is the one game that makes or breaks the Cowboys season putting a ton of pressure on Reid and everyone remembers the "deer in the headlights" look Reid had at Texas.
OSU is going to score points, I don't in anyway expect a shut-out, but the Sooners are more equipped to slow down the Cowboys than OSU is of stopping Oklahoma. This should be a double digit win for OU.