The Oklahoma Sooners have recently self-reported a few NCAA violations according to NewsOK. Violations can be found not only against the football program, but also against rowing, golf, basketball, and baseball. However, no one could have anticipated a line item that made the list...
Oklahoma self-reported NCAA violations, including 3 players eating excess pasta at a banquet. Each gave $3.83 to charity to be reinstated.— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) February 19, 2014
Clearly, going back for seconds is considered a "no-no" during a graduation banquet. After the fact, the NCAA went on record with ESPN citing that no infractions were incurred for eating too much pasta.
"While we appreciate Oklahoma's commitment, there are no NCAA rules regarding portion sizes, and any penalties were determined by the university," NCAA spokeswoman Meghan Durham said in a statement.
It appears that the third party remains a mystery for the time being. Let me remind you that these are two players who lineup on the offensive line...needless to say, big boys gonna eat!
- Taylor Alspaugh's .500 Batting Average Takes Back Seat To Diving Catch
- Midweek Baseball Open Thread
- College Baseball Preview | Oklahoma Set To Host Arkansas Pine Bluff
- The Pitch Count | A Review Of Oklahoma's Pitching In The Seton Hall Series
- Sooner Nation Podcast | Our Top Story Lines For Spring Football | Bedlam Basketball | Baseball Opening Weekend