After losing to the Texas Tech Red Raiders and falling from the rankings earlier this week, the Oklahoma Sooners began looking to get back on track. While it was an up and down game, Lon Kruger and his squad completed the sweep of the Oklahoma St. Cowboys in the Bedlam series 77-74!
- Buddy Hield returned to his usual self leading the Sooners with 22 points after a mere 3 point performance on Wednesday.
- Ryan Spangler continues to be a force to reckon with recording 13 rebounds and 12 points. He could go down as one of the best undersized players in the nation this season.
- Although Clark appeared to be coming out of his slump, he fell right back into it. Again, it does not come from a lack of shooting opportunities but nothing will fall in his favor as of late.
- Frank Booker had the performance of his career on 4-of-6 shooting from behind the arc for a career high 15 points. The bench has been phenomenal providing a spark. Comhine Booker's 15 with Tyler Neal's 13 and it's easy to see the improvement throughout the season for this rotation.
- Oklahoma was out rebounded by the Cowboys yet still managed to pull out the win, something that has not gone in their favor this season.
- Phil Forte continues to showcase one of the quickest releases for a sharpshooter hitting from nearly half court in the first half. It seems like O-State is able to pull one of those guys from somewhere every single year...
- The Marcus Smart effect clearly left the arena a little light in terms of attendance
Stay tuned for a recap from none other than Chuck Chaney, our resident basketball guru, coming a bit later! Boomer!