It's no secret that OL recruiting is the focus of the class of 2015, and OU might not have to travel far from Norman to land one of the elite players for 2015 along the offensive line. That player is 6'4" 310lbs Jalin Barnett. Barnett is from of Lawton, OK and has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Stanford, UCLA, and OKState to go along with his offer from the Sooners. Barnett is an absolute mauler, but shows the athleticism that is unusual for a player his size. Barnett recently attended Oklahoma's junior day on February 1st. The Sooners rolled out the red carpet for Jalin along with numerous elite 2015 offensive line prospects.
Here is a short clip of Jalin in action so you can see for yourself the type of player OU is pursuing.
Lawton (OK) Jalin Barnett - OG,T 77 (via MaxPreps High School Sports)
What I notice most about this film is how well Jalin moves for someone his size. While playing RT in the film, you can tell that he will be a monster interior lineman. His ability to pull and finish off blocks makes Jalin an elite prospect for the class of 2015.
Jalin is very excited about the possibility of playing for the Sooners, and most consider the Sooners the heavy favorite.
Here is a picture that Jalin posted on twitter after his most recent trip to Norman with fellow 2015 OL commit Josh Wariboko
Most consider OU to be the heavy favorite in the race to land Barnett. Don't be surprised if he is a part of the class of 2015 before the end of his junior year.
- 2014 Proposed Rules | Major Changes Coming To College Football?
- A Disappearing Act | The Texas Tech Red Raiders Hold Off The Oklahoma Sooners 68-60 In Norman
- Mid-Week Roundup | Michael Sam's Big Announcement, Way Too Early Top 25, & Rising Star Quits Football
- MBB | Opponent Preview: Texas Tech Red Raiders Part II
- LSU Nabs 23rd Signee | Deondre Clark Makes It Official