Courtney Garnett visited OU two weeks ago and many thought that he would commit while on the visit. He left Norman uncommitted, but most considered the Sooners to be the heavy favorite. Tonight, Bob Stoops was in Courtney Garnett's home tonight and his visit was a resounding success as Garnett just tweeted to the world that he committed to Sooners.
Boom504😎👌 pic.twitter.com/3MCCscKLjW— Courtney Garnett (@ONLYFORAKING) January 31, 2014
And just in case you were wondering Bob Stoops made it official via twitter as well
BOOM 504 and the Gumbo was great #BoomerSooner— Bob Stoops (@OU_CoachStoops) January 31, 2014
Garnett (a former Longhorn commit) chose the Sooners over offers from Tennessee, USC, Oregon, and Notre Dame. Courtney attends St. Augustine High in New Orleans, Louisiana and is the high school teammate of Sooner commit Joseph Paul. Garnett gives the class of 2014 22 verbal commitments.
Garnett is a 3 star recruit on rivals.com
In case you forgot how violent of a player he is on film, here is a short clip of Garnett in action.
Courtney Garnett - #50 - St. Augustine (LA) (via MaxPreps High School Sports)
- Oklahoma Football Recruiting | Could Michiah Quick Be Down To Two Choice Schools?
- Two QBs offered for Class of 2015
- Mid-Week Roundup: Oklahoma Sooners Lose DT Commit, Pay For Play, Tony Jefferson Missing His College Days
- Memorial Stadium Mock Up | Oklahoma Sooners $300M New Fantasy Home?
- 2014 Recruiting Update | Adoree Jackson Eliminates Oklahoma Sooners