One more the more glaring issues for this Oklahoma Sooners squad heading into 2013 has been the depth and experience along the defensive line. After a couple of recruits switched their verbal commitments elsewhere, the issue took on a sense of urgency.
Quincy Russell is a name many Sooner fans are familiar with already. Initially a Texas Longhorn commit, things went south for this kid in a hurry as he failed to qualify. Relegated to taking the JUCO route, Russell made a name for himself eventually earning First Team All-American honors at Trinity Valley. Due to his performance, the coaching staff at Oklahoma expected him to be a DT they could rely upon immediately. Unfortunately for Russell, he road was once again deterred as Sooner fans began to question if he would ever make it to campus.
This past week, the media released small clues here and there suggesting that Russell would be in Norman soon. Bob Stoops backed that notion as he announced the same piece of information. Skeptical, fans held out until Russell posted via Facebook that he was leaving San Antonio with the final destination of Oklahoma.
Now, it is coming out that he has arrived on campus ready assume his role along this defensive front. We can breathe a deep sigh of relief!
We now officially welcome Quincy to the Oklahoma family and to SoonerNation with a Boomer!
More from Crimson And Cream Machine:
- Happy, Happy, Happy! The Big Twelve Is All Smiles Just Weeks Before Kickoff
- Twelve Impact Offensive Players To Watch In The Big 12: Oklahoma Running Back Damien Williams
- OU Football 2013 | Sooners Defensive End, D.J. Ward, Out For Up To Six Weeks
- OU Football 2013 | Compiling A Scrimmage Report In Spite Of Bob Stoops' Fortress Of Solitude
- OU Football 2013 | Bob Stoops Provides An Update (Sort Of) On An Expected ETA For Quincy Russell