Another season is upon us, and with that another
screwed up interesting EA Sports football game. Among the difficult tasks of creating each game is coming up with the individual player ratings for each team. Every year when you see the player ratings for the first time, you agree with some, raise an eyebrow with others, and spill your beer while thinking they must be complete idiots. This year is no exception. Keep your beer out of arm's reach for a bit because this year's player ratings for OU are after the jump.
Dominique Whaley (88), T6th in Big 12
Roy Finch (88), T6th in Big 12
- Brennan Clay (83)
- Danzel Williams (75)
- Trey Millard (81), 2nd in Big 12
- Aaron Ripkowski (76)
Kenny Stills (92), 2nd in Big 12
Jaz Reynolds (88), T8th in Big 12 Trey Franks (87), T12th in Big 12
- Kameel Jackson (80), T25th in Big 12
Trey Metoyer (78), 31st in Big 12
- Courtney Gardner (74)
- Derek Bradley (73)
- Brannon Green (83), 1st in Big 12
- John-Philip Hughes (78)
- Taylor McNamara (74)
- Tyler Evans (85), 4th in Big 12
- Bronson Irwin (79)
- Jamarkus McFarland (88), 1st in Big 12
- Casey Walker (86), T2nd in Big 12
- Stacy McGee (85)
- Torrea Peterson (76)
- Jordan Phillips (75)
- Jordan Wade (72)
Left Outside Linebacker
Right Outside Linebacker
Demontre Hurst (87), 4th in Big 12
Gabe Lynn (84), T5th in Big 12
- Lamar Harris (83)
- Julian Wilson (80)
- Aaron Franklin (74)
- Bennett Okotcha (72)
Michael Hunnicutt (90), 1st in Big 12
Tress Way (89), T1st in Big 12
Some of the things that stood out to me in quickfire form:
- Why is Drew Allen rated so low? Shouldn't he be in the 80s, similar to Blake Bell?
- I can buy the ratings for Whaley, Metoyer, and Gardner. Whaley's returning from an injury and the others are somewhat unproven. (Metoyer seems like he'll be a star)
- Trey Millard's rating is criminally low. He is one of the best players on our team and should be rewarded for his versatility with blocking ability, running ability, and even catching balls in the backfield.
- An unproven Brannon Green as the top in the Big 12? Interesting.
- Anyone else believe Tyrus Thompson will not be in the starting lineup? Maybe I'm wrong, but I see Lane Johnson and Daryl Williams taking the starting tackle positions.
- I think Gabe Ikard and Ben Habern should be a bit higher. Maybe I'm just biased.
- Jamarkus McFarland's player rating is also eyebrow-raising. Top in the Big 12? He might not even be a starter as McGee and Walker could be the guys.
- Also do we really have the number 1 and number 2 defensive tackles in the league? Maybe I'm used to the Gerald McCoy's and Tommie Harris's. Our DTs are good, but they just don't strike me as elite.
- Many of the defensive positions are messed up due to switches, such as Jefferson in the LB position, but I'm glad to see that Aaron Colvin is getting some love. (I think Jefferson should be higher than Colvin, though)
- For special teams, I think Tress Way should have a higher rating than Hunnicutt. But I'm not going to complain about either of their ratings, especially since they were considered top in the league.
What are your thoughts? What stands out to you?