Another season is upon us, and with that another
screwed up interesting EA Sports football game. Among the difficult tasks of creating each game is coming up with the individual player ratings for each team. Every year when you see the player ratings for the first time, you agree with some, raise an eyebrow with others, and spill your beer while thinking they must be complete idiots. This year is no exception. Keep your beer out of arm's reach for a bit because this year's player ratings for OU are after the jump.
Left Outside Linebacker
Right Outside Linebacker
Some of the things that stood out to me in quickfire form:
- Why is Drew Allen rated so low? Shouldn't he be in the 80s, similar to Blake Bell?
- I can buy the ratings for Whaley, Metoyer, and Gardner. Whaley's returning from an injury and the others are somewhat unproven. (Metoyer seems like he'll be a star)
Trey Millard's rating is criminally low. He is one of the best players on our team and should be rewarded for his versatility with blocking ability, running ability, and even catching balls in the backfield.
- An unproven Brannon Green as the top in the Big 12? Interesting.
- Anyone else believe Tyrus Thompson will not be in the starting lineup? Maybe I'm wrong, but I see Lane Johnson and Daryl Williams taking the starting tackle positions.
- I think Gabe Ikard and Ben Habern should be a bit higher. Maybe I'm just biased.
Jamarkus McFarland's player rating is also eyebrow-raising. Top in the Big 12? He might not even be a starter as McGee and Walker could be the guys.
- Also do we really have the number 1 and number 2 defensive tackles in the league? Maybe I'm used to the Gerald McCoy's and Tommie Harris's. Our DTs are good, but they just don't strike me as elite.
- Many of the defensive positions are messed up due to switches, such as Jefferson in the LB position, but I'm glad to see that Aaron Colvin is getting some love. (I think Jefferson should be higher than Colvin, though)
- For special teams, I think Tress Way should have a higher rating than Hunnicutt. But I'm not going to complain about either of their ratings, especially since they were considered top in the league.
What are your thoughts? What stands out to you?
FanPost are for the voice of the fan and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Crimson and Cream Machine administrators.