Get ready for the excuses for the utterly humiliating beatdown by OU today. Over on BON they are in complete meltdown....sacking guys on the coaching staff, especially Mack Brown, seems to be a popular sentiment. Hmmm...I've seen something like this before and not too long ago on one of my favorite websites (which shall be unnamed).
One of the excuses I've seen floating is that "Texas doesn't play well during early games". Uh huh, that explains a 42 point blowout. Some interesting thoughts on the commentary this week:
2) "OU can't run the ball on Texas defense". Only 357 yards rushing and 7.0 per rush. OU sucked at running the ball.
3) "OSU has a better secondary than OU does". Hmmm...didn't look that way to me. OSU made Ash look like Peyton Manning, OU made him look like Alan Alda.
4) "OU hasn't played an offense as good as Texas". I think Texas Tech might have something to say about that.
5) (this is a new meme I'm seeing over there after the game) "West Virginia will stomp OU". Uh huh.
6) "OU sucks". Obviously.
7) "Jonathan Grey potential X-Factor". Yup, 19 yards on 10 touches. He was a major factor.
8)"Texas will be able to run the ball". They sure did...70 yards on 23 rushes...with 45 of those yards coming off two rushes in garbage time.
Does it make me a bad person to kick Texas while they are down? If it does...I don't care!