Hope he's serious...
Here's the way I see it...
16 team playoff:
1) 12 10 team Conferences, no independents.
2) 12 game season with 3 non-conference games. No conference Championship games.
3) After the last regular weekend, a committee picks 4 wild card teams and ranks the 16 teams (the 12 conference champions & 4 wild cards).
4) The highest ranked teams get home field advantage during the first 2 rounds. These games will be scheduled the weekend after the regular season. This will solve the problem of playing during finals or dragging the playoff into the next semester. This will also solve the question that the fans wont travel for up to 4 games during the playoff. Plus the home teams get the extra revenue from having home games.
5) Those teams that lose in the first 2 rounds will get picked to play in bowl games.
6) The final 2 rounds will rotate yearly between the top bowls (Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Rose, possibly the Cotton).