Sam Bradford Completed 77% of his passes against the Mocs with 2 scores.
With the men's basketball season over and the women having a max of two games left its time to start rehashing the 2008 football season with baseball also taking center stage as a current active sport.
Oklahoma started the 2008 football season against Chattanooga. The Mocs were Oklahoma's first Championship Subdivision opponent since Bob Stoops made is debut against Indiana State in 1999. Here are a few fun facts that you may have forgotten about this game.
- OU's 27 points scored in the first quarter marked the third most in a season opener. The highest Sooner tally in the opening period of a season opener was 31 against North Carolina in 2001.
- Oklahoma's 211 yards in the first quarter was the second most ever in a season opener behind 2007's season opener in which OU posted 247 yards in the first against North Texas.
- OU's 50 points in the first half marked only the second time in the modern era (since 1937) the Sooners have scored 50 or more points in the first half. Oklahoma eclipsed the 50-point plateau in the first half against Rice in 1978 (52).
- The Sooners held Chattanooga to two first downs in the contest, the lowest total since 1993 when OU held Oklahoma State to a single first down.
- The Chattanooga game had a one hour and twelve minute weather delay and lasted four hours and nine minutes. It was the second longest game in school history. The longest game was 4:12 vs. Baylor (a double OT contest) in 2005.
- The crowd of 84,715 was the largest crowd ever to witness a season opener at Oklahoma.
- 12 different Oklahoma players caught passes during the game.
- Chattanooga had more penalty yards (44) than they did total offensive yards (36).