* NFL draft analyst Mike Mayock thinks that Phil Loadholt's draft stock may not be that high. Anyone who watched his performance against West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl two seasons ago agrees and Texas defensive end Brian Orakpo further validated that point last October at the Cotton Bowl.
* Idaho State is excited about coming to Norman. So much so that their student paper even took a little shot at the Sooners (see below). Of course they aren't joking about the $500,000 payday they are getting from OU.
"I didn't want to do it because you always worry about injuries in a game like that," Tingey says. "But the players look at it in a different light. They're really excited about playing in Norman."
The headline on a story on the Idaho State website last month announcing the game: "Florida apparently was not available ... Bengals to take on Oklahoma."
* The Sooners start the baseball season tomorrow afternoon with a four-game home stand against Western Illinois. Here's a look at the promotions over the weekend.
* With a lot more than just Big 12 bragging rights on the line, the Sooners are very aware of what else they are playing for Saturday night in Austin.
* What's the difference between Kelvin Sampson's teams and Jeff Capel's? Well other than integrity in coaching its athleticism. Sampson's motto was, "Heart. Hustle. Hardwood." John Helsley suggests that Capel's should be, "hops, hang-time and how-did-he-do that?"
* If (and it's a very big if) Blake Griffin were to decide to stay just one more season then next year Oklahoma's basketball team would suit up 4 McDonald's All-Americans. Griffin and freshman guard Willie Warren have already received the prestigeous award and now two members of Oklahoma's incoming recruiting class have received the honor.
Blog Roll - Around The Big 12 Conference
* Double T Nation has the latest on a situation that appears to be bigger that Mike Leach vs. Gerald Myers. We could be watching the execution of Tech athletics as we know it. Did anyone else notice the attendance, or lack of, at last night's nationally televised basketball game?
* Burnt Orange Nation takes you on a step-by-step tour of the Longhorns' inconsistency on the hardwood.
* I Am The 12th Man makes a comparison of Bryce Brown to Marcus Dupree.